Today I am officially 12-weeks post op and a total of 65-lbs down from my highest weight. It's pretty exciting. I've come to the realization that I am a slow loser, but as long as I'm losing, I'm fine with that. Maybe if I did 100% of what I'm supposed to do, I would lose even more. However, I think I have a healthy balance of what's right that makes it work for me.
I'm not sure if I've said the before, but I'm a scale junky. I weigh myself everyday, sometimes two or three times a day. I like to see how my weight fluctuates and how clothes affect my weight. However, I only record my weight on Tuesday. Well, when I weighed myself this morning, I was in shock, to say the least... It was in the 250's and I thought something was wrong with my scale. I took a shower, got out, and weighted myself again... 0.2-lbs heavier, but nothing significant. So finally, I took a picture just to be on the safe side. Then, just a few minutes ago, I got on the scale and weighed myself again... About 3-lbs heavier, which could be expected, because it's the end of the day and I am still fully dressed. WOW! I'm still in shock. So now, I have decided that for my Tuesday Weigh-In, I will post a scale picture. It's good for me because not only will it keep me accountable, but it's a visual reminder of where I have come from. Here's my photo for this week:
Sometimes I just cry. I can't believe that the person I see in the mirror is me. It's crazy! I just have so many emotions that crying seems to be the only way to express myself. And I know that the tears are not all about weight loss, but I've had two major life changing events in the last 5-months and I'm still adjusting. My life is very different now and I just get so overwhelmed by EVERYTHING!
So, tomorrow I officially start my new job. It sucks to be going back so early, but I am really excited about getting my feet in the door and excelling... at least that is the plan. I feel like there are so may opportunities for me in this new district that I want to soak up all they have to offer and then have something to give back. It will definitely be a new experience and a learning curve, but I am up for the challenge.
I'm also excited that going back to work will put me on a much needed schedule. When I'm done writing this blog, I will do at least 2 of my 10-Minute Trainer videos, but my goal is to do 3. I love that I am losing weight, but I am not loving that I am starting to see loose skin. I really need to TONE TONE TONE. I think that I will have to break down and get a trainer, just for a bit, to get myself together and figure out exactly what I need to do. My arms are flabby and I see the flab building in my stomach. I also plan on doing the body wraps from It Works once a week, so I'm hoping that will also help with the loose skin on my stomach. My legs look okay, for now, but I can feel that the muscle in my calves are gone, and that my thighs will eventually start to be flabby too. Plastic surgery is not an option for me, so I want to try to get as toned as possible. I walked yesterday and Sunday, but not today. My legs are a little sore. I'll hit the pavement tomorrow and still continue with my 10-Minute Trainer. Maybe I will also go pick up another ab workout. This stomach is not going anywhere. :-(
I think that all for now. I better go get my videos done. Make it a great one...
No comments:
Post a Comment