Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Recent News

*** Some pages are still UNDER CONSTRUCTION... ***

Thursday, July 11, 2013

8 Weeks Post Op

Tuesday made 8 weeks and I can finally say that the stall is broken. I came in at 269.2-lbs. That's .8-lbs less than the last few weeks. FINALLY!!! I was so super excited to finally be out of the 270's. My new goal is to get out of the 260's. In all honesty, I can't wait until I'm less than 250. I can't remember a time when I weighed less than 250... not even in high school. Even with my band my weight never got this low, so it's pretty exciting.

As for my walking, it really hasn't been up to par. I'm so not motivated. I walk about 2-3 times a week, but my goal is 5-6 times a week. If I keep going at the rate I'm going, I'll never become a runner. I need to get focused and motivate myself.

Oh yeah... I can't remember if I said anything about it, but another one of my goals is to become a runner. Not like a crazy obsessive compulsive runner, but I want to at least get a 12-15 minute mile. Right now, I walk a 18-20 minute mile and I need to knock about 5 or 6 minutes off that. In order to help me and motivate myself, I'm attempting to do at least one 5K a month. I've already registered for the Black Light Run in Ft. Worth February 1st, 2014. I know that's a long way away, but it's a start. I've committed to The Neon Splash Dash at the Ballpark on September 21st, 2013. I'm going to add a page to my blog with all the 5K's I may want to do and post the results from the ones I complete. Look for that some time soon.

Now, the one thing that is bothering me about the weight loss is my stomach. Everything is shrinking but that. I need to find some exercise that will help make my stomach get smaller. I hate it because most of my clothes fit around my waist, but the legs are waaaaay to big. Then, it looks weird. I mean, I am losing the inches in my waist, but I guess not as fast as everywhere else. Next week I will FINALLY be in my new house and I'll be able to start my 10-minute workouts again. I'm hoping that will help tone up everything and help me lose my stomach. I plan on sticking with the three workouts a day. I'm still planning on getting a gym membership, but I'm just waiting to get more financially stable and back accustomed to living on my own. Then I can splurge and spend that $120.

Speaking of more financially stable, I just got another part time job. I am sooooooo super EXCITED!!! I'm going to be teaching a couple classes at a local community college. I just filled out and retuned the background check form today, so I guess they really do want to hire me and I'm well on my way to being a professor. I cannot believe it. God is so good!!!

Anyways... I've blabbed enough for today. I'm just so grateful for all that God is doing in my life. I just thank him for walking with me and keeping me, especially when I felt overwhelmed, overly emotional, and overly everything else. It's hard for me to put it all in words, but my life has been so crazy. I'm just so glad that God sees fit to continue to bless me despite my imperfections.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment