My life has been a whirlwind of changes over the last couple months, but I think I am finally coming to terms with everything and am "okay." As far as this weight loss journey goes, I had a revision surgery on Tuesday, May 14th, 2013. I found out back in November that my port had twisted. Because of that, it was imperative that I get it out. Even though it had done me no good, it was really useless at this point and things could only get worse. So, that's when I started to journey to get my band out and possibly, a new surgery.
Initially, I had been quoted a base prives of $7750 for the surgery. This was because my insurance was requiring a $5000 deductible for any kind of bariatric surgery. Of course, that was EXTREMELY disheartening so I pretty much gave up. Then, in February, the doctor's office contacted me because they were unable to submit my information to the insurance company because they needed records from my last doctor. after several phone calls to my doctor, sending faxes, emails, etc., I finally had to go to the hospital over spring break to retrieve all of my information and get it to my new doctor.
I submitted my paperwork to my doctor on March 12th, 2013. In just one short week, on my 31st birthday, I got the call that I was approved for my surgery. I was ecstatic, but at the same time, nervous because there was still the matter of the $5000 deductible. Well, on April 9th, I got the best email ever... I would only have to pay $1350 instead of $5000. From this point, knew it was happening. $1350, I could manage.
On April 23rd, I went to my doctor for a physical, stress test, and bariatric class. I received my protein for my liquid diet and I was ready.
I started my liquid diet April 30th. Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult. I managed to not eat despite all the fantastic food that was being cooked at my mom's house.
I went in on May 14th for my surgery. They took the band out and performed the sleeve. Everything went well in the surgery. When I woke up, I felt okay. Unfortunately, they had to keep me in the hospital for two nights because I wasn't drinking enough.
Now, I am three days out, at home, and feeling great. Fluids are still kinda difficult, but I think I'm improving. I want to gulp my water, but unfortunately, I can't... sip sip sip. I have to pretty much be on this clear liquid diet until next Tuesday. Then, after that, I think I can start on pureed foods.
So here I am, starting this blog again. I'm sure I will be much more successful this time, which will in turn allow me to be a better blogger.
I look forward to all of your comments and words of encouragement as I press towards my goal.
~*kecia*~
No comments:
Post a Comment