Well, after not seeing the doctor since January 5th, I finally went in for my fist fill today. My appointment was sceduled for 4pm so Temeika picked me up from school at 3:30 so we could be on our way. I was hoping to get there on time, but by the time we parked and got upstairs, I signed in at 4:04pm. Not tooo bad.
Well, after signing in and getting comfortable in their huge chair, which I do love by the way, we sat and we waited... and waited... and plays Words with Friends... and waited some more. Finally, they called me back at 5:00pm... and hour later.
When I got to the back, I stepped on the scale and it was a wopping 289.4. I was soooooo disappointed. This means that in 2 months, I have lost 4.1 pounds. Depessing, to say the least. And here I was thinking that I was doing so well. Obviously not.
So they take me to room 1 and I wait to see the doctor.... and I wait... and wait... and wait some more... Finally, at 5:45, the new nurse practitioner comes in. (Nope... no doctor.) She apologizes for taking so long and explained that the doctor was still doing surgeries so she is taking care of her patients and his. I just nod as she begins her round of questioning....
How are the liquids coming?
Not good... I barely get 20oz a day.
And the vitamins?
Not good... they taste nasty.
How are your incisions healing?
Great... I can barely see the scars.
Do you feel like you need a fill today?
I've never had one.
What do you mean you've never had one? Let me take a look at your chart.
So she goes through looking at my chart and then continues with more questions....
Did you know you had iron deficient anemia?
No... no one told me that.
Well you do. That means you need to be taking iron.
Okay... I'll get some.
How is your energy level?
Good and bad I guess.
Well did they tell you that your Vitamin D is low? That's probably why you are so tired.
No... no one told me.
Okay, well you will need to take some Vitamin D too.
Okay. I'll get some.
After all the questions, she continued to read my folder and let me know that I have a Realize C band that holds about 11cc's. She added 4 cc's today, which was a chore because she had a hard time connecting to the port.
Finally... left the office at about 6:15pm... 2 hours and 15 minutes later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the flip side, I have a phone interview tomorrow with a major company. I'm really excited but really nervous. I've been teaching for the last 6 years, and teaching was my first real job so I feel like I don't know how to do anything else, but I am sooooo ready to get out of the classroom. Wish me luck as this job appears to be the ideal blend between education and corporate America.
Sorry for such a long post, but thanks for reading...
~*kecia*~
sorry to hear your first fill was a little rough... I hope the fill gets you going on a big loss!
ReplyDeletethe first fill can be a little rocky. The weight loss does get better. hang in there chicky!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your interveiw!
Good luck with the new fill and your interview!
ReplyDelete